November 22, 2012

DIY garland

It's been a while, but here I am with a super easy DIY to decorate your house, your backyard and why not your Christmas tree!

You will only need:

  • Some felt sheets in your favorite colors or fabric
  • A pair of scissors
  • A sewing needle
  • Some twine or yarn (I found this two tone twine in white and grey at IKEA).



Start by cutting the felt sheets at your desired shape and size. Then get the twine through the needle's eye and start passing it through the upper part of the felt.
When you've finished sewing, fold the lower part of the rectangular sheet and cut it so as to create scalloped edges.


Check out this beautiful result.


The truth is that I was planning to do this for a long time, but I waited for the right moment to come ;)
This gorgeous garland is now hanging on a previously empty wall, adding a stylish coziness in my living room!

xo.
Mel!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...